Tuesday 22 April 2014

NORDIC NOMADS WEEKLY UPDATES

BLOG: http://gillygoat.blogspot.co.ukEmail not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

THIS QUARTERS CHARITY


This quarters featured charity is Cancer Research courtesy of Fanny. We have all been touched by watching friends and family members fighting this disease and so I am sure that you will all want to support her in raising funds for this worthy cause. Fanny is going to destroy the Yorkshire 3 Peaks on June 11th & as if that isn't a big enough challenge, she is terrified of heights & its her Birthday to boot! Here she is, rightfully looking really chuffed after putting her fear of heights to the test by practicing on Ingelborough. Please support Cancer Research UK and Fanny by donating to her Just Giving Page:
http://www.justgiving.com/Fanny-Watson
CLICK & DONATE:

Next Week's Walks:

MON 28th April10am - 2pmNW: Brandsby/Yearsley 10 - 12 Mile Training Walk (see below for details)
WED 30th April10am - 11:45amNW: Bolton Percy (venue details listed below)

LAPTOP TRAUMAS: 

Sadly, due to a corrupted email sent out by Virgin, I have been having terrible problems with my email system & at present I cannot access any emails sent to me before 13th April. Over the next few days, if you need to contact me & I am not responding to emails, then please try texting or ringing me. I will have to use my phone to access emails until it is sorted (hence sending this weekly email out so early) 

TERMLY PAYMENT:

Please note that there will be no walks on Monday 5th May but I am replacing it with one on Tuesday 6th at 9:30 instead for those of you who can't make the Wednesday (please do let me know if you intend to join in though or I may not turn up!) The present set of sessions comes to an end on Wednesday 7th. The new term starts w/c 12th May. So, please make sure that you have cheques or cash for £64 with you that week.

NEW CALENDAR:

I will soon be sending out the new calendar of planned walks, once my laptop is sorted. This will cover May through to the end of July when we break for summer.



NEXT WEDNESDAYS MEETING POINT: 

Next Wednesday we are meeting in Bolton Percy. Just outside the village on the North side (on the right if coming from Tad & on the left if coming from York/North) there is a sign for a Bed & Breakfast down a gravel track.  Please park on the grass verge down this track.

 

BIKINI FIT:

Sadly there hasn't been adequate interest in this series to make it worth while running. However, if you wish to use me as your Personal Trainer or get your owwn group together to have sessions in your own home then I delighted to oblige.

BLOG:

I now have an online BLOG (Gilly Goat) This is like a running commentary on life, health, exercise, equipment & our exploits on the Nordic Walks. You can access the Blog using the link below. The next is now out and details my first fun in Greece! It proved to be almost as comical as Sarah and Louise's experiences on the Camino!

 


NEXT TRAINING WALK:

Monday 28th April 
10:00 - 2pm

The next extended walk had been planned for a trip to Fountains Abbey with the Richmond group. Sadly we have had to put this on hold until late June so I have planned a 10 mile walk up around Yearsley/Brandsby/Gilling area next week. I hope that you are a;; able to make it & we will aim to have lunch and Y3P update in Crayke or Easingwold afterwards (The venue depends upon which eateries are open on a Monday) I will research before next week.




Please can we meet in Brandsby at 10am where the roads from Crayke (Bradsby Road) and Easingwold ( B1363) meet. 

SECOND HAND KIT FOR SALE:

I have 2 clients wishing to sell their 'brand new' (used twice) poles & shoes. Please let me know if you are interested & I will put you in touch with the seller.

SALOMON X ULTRA SHOES: The shoes (pictured) are in size 7 & a Pewter colour. They were £60 when bought new in March and now available for just £40. They appear to come up quite small for a 7 as several other clients have experienced this problem too. So they may suit you if you are a 6 or 6.5.




L
EKI SPEED PACER VARIO POLES (100-120):
As we all know to our cost, these carbon poles (in grey/red) are NOT cheap. They retail at £120. This pair have been used 3 times and are available to you for just £60

Y3P CHALLENGE UPDATE/CHAT:

Monday 28th April
Venue to follow:
After Mondays walk at Yearsley/Brandsby, we will have an update/chat about any issues that have arisen for you since our last meeting and plans for map reading sessions using compass' like the one pictured. 

MAP READING SESSIONS:

I will be organising a session for map skills and navigation during May for ANYBODY interested. Especially those who get lost while in Sainsburys. Not mentioning any names here! Mind you, I can hardly talk after our little expedition in Pateley!

No comments:

Post a Comment